Eligibility and selection criteria:
1. Both Bangladeshi and Foreign students are eligible to apply.
2. Candidates must have passed SSC and HSC or equivalent examinations having Physics. Chemistry and Biology as subjects and at least GPA 9.00 combinedly in SSC and HSC but minimum SPA 3.50 in Biology in HSC.
3. Both Bangladeshi and Foreign students having 0-level and A-level or equivalent qualifications have to apply with certificate of equivalence issued from the office of the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) of the Government of Bangladesh.
4. Candidates who have passed SSC or equivalent examination in 2018 or 2019 and HSC or equivalent examination in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply. Candidates passed SSC or equivalent Examination before 2018 are not eligible.
5. The name of the candidate must be present in the list of eligible candidates published by the office of the DGHS on the basis of the admission test conducted by DGHS and the grade obtained in SSC and HSC or equivalent examinations.
6. All Tribal and Non-tribal Hill district candidates must have at least SPA 8.00. No application will be considered if the SPA is less than 3.50 in any of the exams.
a) Eligible Bangladesh students will have to appear into a written examination of 100 marks in MC4 format based conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services of Bangladesh (DGHS).
b) Foreign students are exempted from written admission test but they will have to follow the procedures determined by the DGHS of Bangladesh.
Selection of Candidates:
The list of eligible candidates will be published by the office of the Directorate General of Health Services of Bangladesh (DGHS). The eligibility for admission will be determined on the basis of written admission test and SPA obtained in SSC and HSC or equivalent examinations (According to rules & conditions of DHGS). The candidates selected for non-government medical colleges (by option) have to apply to Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College for admission with following documents. The students will be admitted on merit basis.
Medical Fitness Test:
All provisionally selected candidates by Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College will have to undergo medical fitness test done by a medical board constituted by the Principal of the college. Any candidate having gross physical disability or color blindness etc. is generally considered unfit for admission.
Application in prescribed form supported by the following documents to be submitted by the candidate:
a) Online Admit Card, Online Student's Copy and Online Result Sheet.
b) Attested photocopy of Mark Sheets or Academic Transcripts of SSC and HSC or Equivalent Examinations.
c) Attested photocopy of Certificate of SSC or Equivalent Examination.
d) Attested photocopy of Certificate or Testimonial of HSC or Equivalent Examination.
e) Four (04) copies of recent passport size coloured Photographs duly attested.
f) Nationality Certificate. From the Chairman of the Union Parisad or Ward Councilor of Pourashava ot City Corporation.
g) Attested photocopies of relevant documents as per the requirements of DGHS for the Freedom Fighter & Tribal quota.
(NB: Photocopy of documents must be attested by Competent Authorities.)